Membership has it’s Benefits!
In today’s competitive market, you should be utilizing every opportunity that has the ability to help you grow and increase profits. If you aren’t a member, you are not directly marketing your products and services to our over 200 members, who have very large client and customer bases. Like most professionals, REALTORS® like to work with and refer people they know and trust.
Benefits of association membership typically include: concentrated marketing, opportunities to serve on committees; access to newsletters and magazines; access to seminars, conferences and association events; and access to members-only offers, among others. But most professionals believe the greatest benefit of association membership is the networking and camaraderie among the members.
Membership in trade associations will benefit you and your employees. It projects a positive image of your firm in the community and will directly impact the long term success of your business. According to The American Business Magazine, a large percent of all business failures occur in firms that are not members of a trade association.
Again, one of the biggest advantages of association membership is the networking and camaraderie that takes place among members. To benefit from this, you must participate and be an active member in your association. Paying your dues isn’t enough to reap all the benefits of membership. You invest time, money and energy to make your businesses successful. The same holds true for your association membership. Make an investment of time and effort in your association….
We know it will positively impact the long-term success of your business!
Steps to becoming and Affiliate Member
1. Submit and Affiliate Membership Application
2. Pay dues (dues are prorated according to the month applicant joins)
3. Election to Affiliate membership by BTVAR Board of Directors.
As an affiliate member you are able to
- Affiliates are welcome at all BTVAR events which are excellent networking opportunities!
- Educate the masses!
- Host a BTVAR Lunch n’ Learn to share your knowledge and area of expertise with our members. Whether its inspections, financing, warranty or what happens at the closing table, our Affiliates are the experts.
- Market your business!
- Our Affiliate members are displayed in the BTVAR Newsletter every month so it is easy for our REALTOR members to find you! You also have the opportunity as an Affiliate to advertise in our Homes Magazine that is distributed across the Bristol and Big Stone Gap area.
- Serve on Committees!
- You are encouraged to serve on BTVAR Committees which are the backbone of the organization and will give you a chance to work side by side with other BTVAR members.
- Sponsor Events!
- Become an Annual Sponsor!
- The Annual sponsorship program gives affiliate members the chance to promote their business by getting direct exposure to REALTOR member at our membership meetings and events. There are 3 levels of sponsorship (Gold, Silver, and Bronze). Find what works best for you and your business to reach your marketing objectives!
- Get Rewarded!
- BTVAR’s Awards Committee selects an Affiliate member to recognize at our Awards/Installation Banquet held every year in January. This is a prestigious award that shows others your commitment to not only your business but to the Association as well. See past recipients.